SEVENTEEN have recently brought out a new range in Lipstick- Mega Matte. As you are well aware by now, I am all about the matte. So these beauties were given a very warm welcome.
I managed to get my hands on 5 brand new colours: Back To The Fuchsia, Violet Summer, Rioja Your World, I Lilac It A Lot, Roses Are Red. (From Left to Right).
My favourite part are the funny names. Like seriously who came up with these, they’re genius! 🙂 Now to try them on….
- Back To The Fuchsia: A beautiful deep pink. The more coats you apply the deeper the colour so it’s up to you just how much you want to stand out that day.
2. Violet Summer: I found myself having to apply quite a lot of coats to get the colour to really stand out. Once I had finished, it does appear to actually be a really nice colour, not too over the top which I feel some people might get that impression from the actual look of the stick. It’s a pretty unusual colour which I love, it’s always good to be different.
3. Rioja Your World: This is my favourite! It matches my hair perfectly and I would definitely wear this as an every day lipstick even though it is very bold! The pigmentation in this lipstick is great, the colour applies really easily. Some girls might feel that this is too dramatic for day time, if that’s the case it will look perfect on a night out.
4. I Lilac It A Lot: As you can see from the photo, this colour doesn’t suit me at all! I am much too pale for it, I feel I look ill lol. This shade is not pigmented at all unfortunately. I had to keep going over and over my lips to try and get the colour to show. On the right person this colour could look amazing as it is so different, I just wish the colour would apply easier.
5. Roses Are Red: Another colour which I really like, this red is brighter than the previous red. Definitely another daily lipstick, this colour was lovely and pigmented and I found the colour showed up easily which is always a bonus!
For each colour I first applied a layer of Carmex. With matte lipstick it can really show up the flaws in your lips, so it is always best to put just a fine layer of lip balm just to soften them slightly.
I hope this post has been helpful to anyone wishing to buy the colours, please do let me know if you have tried any and how you got on 🙂
Thank you all for reading, please don’t forget to check out my social media channels below… Love Annie x
*Products have been gifted to me